Generally, the opportunity should meet most, if not all, of these conditions:
- Notable co-investors: There should be a reputable angel or VC participating or leading the round. They should be making a significant, new investment in the company.
- Experienced founder: The startup is founded by an experienced founder.
- Domain expertise: The company is in the lead’s area of expertise.
- Technology companies: Generally avoid companies that do not use technology as a lever to demonstrate high growth potential.
- Conflicts: Disclose conflicts, such as owning advisory shares or having relatives at the company. Investors may have a higher bar in such cases.
- Bridge/extension rounds: The company should be gaining at least 12 months of runway from the round.
In case of any doubts, contact email@example.com.